Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oops: Ditching the V8 for Sugar Cookies

So, I got so busy yesterday that I really did not have the time for experimenting with a V8 recipe in the Vitamix.  As we were rushing out the door to a play date (very rare, only occurs when I'm on vacation I assure you) I opted for a quick orange-pineapple Julius!  (Pineapple, clementines, honey, vanilla, and a splash of whole milk).  I was, however, able to clear a short time in my morning to mix up a batch of sugar cookie dough I got from the KITCHN (http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-best-cutout-cookies-38629).  If you don't know about The Kitchn, it's an offshoot of AT/Apartment Therapy and well worth your time.

I, always the tweaker and breaker of rules, cut the recipe into thirds, and added my own combo of spices (vanilla, lemon, cardamom over the vanilla, lemon, almond combo).  Always in the rush that I am, I thought I'd leave everyone hanging with a quicker "teaser" pic.  Sorry for the lighting, my only photo editing occurs in Microsoft PAINT (gross!!!!).

I *did* roll out the dough and bake the cookies...just waiting to decorate them now.  Maybe tomorrow.  My first day back to WORK.  Ugh!  Ugh! Ugh!


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment