Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday CHIA SEED SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

I FINALLY had a chance to try Chia seeds this week!  I made chia seed pudding for work, and then this Saturday I made a quick Chia Seed SHAKE!!  YUM  :D



CHIA seeds.  Yes, as in CHIA PETS!!  This is what my coworker brought up at work. It's also what my husband said "do you know you're eating a Chia Pet?!"...whatever people, get over it.  


CHIA SEED SHAKE:

1 cup milk, (i prefer WHOLE) or soy milk.
really, whatever you like.

1/8 cup Chia Seeds.

Honey to your taste (I eyeball it)
you may want to mix the honey in a bit of warm milk to get it dissolved properly.

dash of cinnamon

dash of ground star anise

dash of ground cardamom 

dash of whatever you want!!
(I just tweaked the recipe today and added chili and ginger powders!)



Combine in an airtight jar.  Shake.  Shake.
Shake.
SHAKE.
SHAKE.

(Great fun for little ones)

SHAKE!!

Let sit for a couple hours in fridge.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment