Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose: Shelves


So, I got a little busy last night; I re-organized the art supplies AGAIN.  I hung these awesome shelves up, above my Yellow Monster.  I jacked these shelves from my house in AZ...they just came with the darn house!  I love how modern they are.  <3  

I moved the brushes, paints, and pens out of the drawers   and into some old BLUE ball jars.  More public, easy access...and stylish!  Yes, that is Indian Barbie chilling out...she looks like she's having fun, no?

My husband and I made these balls for fun.  It's based off a modern lampshade kit...designed by Danish Holger Strøm in 1972.  We made ours from old, unlined index cards.  We tried to make more but the new set of index cards we bought from Office Depot were true pieces of crap.  They were too thin.  We will try a different brand next time; or just purchase plastic, or shell out a few more dollars for the pre-cut pieces (via IQ Light).  Pretty neat activity though.  If you are interested, leave me a note and I will send you the Instructables' link.

No comments:

Post a Comment