Monday, January 10, 2011

A Play Kitchen for Christmas...And Other Things

I KNOW...I took way too long to post.  Well, we moved into the nightmare project house *sans internet*.  Can you believe that?  Thus, no posts for a while.  

When we finally got around to calling the internet company, it took them a week to do their jobs and actually get a technician out here (CenturyLink, you make more money than you are worth).  When the techs finally showed up, they said our phone/internet hookup was a nightmare "custom" job...the box is actually inside the house - and none of those overpaid CenturyLink customer support folk believed me when I said I HAVE TO BE HOME for your guys to hook this sh*t up!!!

Sorry...CenturyLink rant.  Had to get that out of my system.  Someone should cut their pay 10%.  At LEAST. 

Alrighty, back to the adorable pictures of Little A and her Christmas Presents!!  She is so spoiled, she got a kitchen...in an actual separate Little-A-sized playroom!!  She also received a kick butt Melissa and Doug shopping cart from her mommy and Ba and DaDa (translates to Grandmother and Grandfather in Gujarati), a set of Laura Numeroff books (If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, etc), coloring books and crayons, little "magical" milk and juice bottles for her Monkey and Horsey, new outfits, and much, much more I cannot remember right now.  I shop for my baby's Xmas presents YEAR ROUND.  In fact, I'm starting now for next year.  

I included some pictures of her kitchen.  It is the retro-styled KidKraft kitchen in Tiffany Blue (about 30 bucks more than the hot pink one Costco had for the holidays, but really worth it  :)  Everything else was salvaged, re-painted, re-used from around the house.  For example, the tea cabinet was in the bathroom of the house we bought in AZ...she loves it!  The little shelves are made from wood scraps from the closet my husband "removed" from the yoga/guest room...don't worry, the darn room still has another closet.  Who does that?  Who puts TWO closets in their bedroom?!! Apparently, his grandmother did.  lol  Weird lady, but I can understand.  I am also a pack rat/hoarder of all beautiful objects.  You can never have enough storage space. However, I AM trying not to become the old lady with a house so full you cannot walk. 

By the way, I did not purchase the banner hanging around the entrance to Little A's playroom.  I made that for her 2nd B-day and plan on posting a how-to one of these days...






No comments:

Post a Comment