Friday, February 4, 2011

House: Kitchen in Progress

So...here it is.  My kitchen.  All torn up.  We are making progress...slowly.  It's much better than the puke-fest it started out as.  Notice the IKEA butcherblock countertop.  We bought the thickest piece, in oak.  We liked the birch better online, but in person the oak is amazing.  Also HARDER.  Once it is up and going, I will do a post on the butcherblock surface.



Yes, the kitchen is huge.  This means I can space out my Pyrex collection nicely.


I adore my vintage stove.  I cannot wait to see it in place...I'm still searching for the perfect vintage print to place above it...notice that the trim does not yet match.  All the wood/trim will be Dove White, while we chose Winter In Paris (the grey-blue on the far wall) for the walls.  They are Valspar colors, however we had them mixed in the Olympic Line at Lowe's.  I love the stuff, no smell whatsoever.  

My nose can tell the difference.


More cabinets.  This is where my coffee station will be.  Notice the painting on the far right (an Edward Hopper print snagged from a Honeywell office.  HAHA)  There were more cabinets here, and a built-in bookcase for recipe books.  My talented husband knocked it out and did the wall framing/drywalling himself.  Now you can see into the main/living room.  The shot below is a better view.  Our Tulip Table + Bertoia chairs are hanging out over there for the time being.  So is Little A!  The fridge is over here too, the big white thing on the side.


**Feel free, send any design/renovation advice my way**





No comments:

Post a Comment