Wednesday, May 23, 2012

St. Germain Elderflower Liquor

Look!  What is that pretty bottle hanging out next to my egg-basket-turned-garlic-holder?  


Ever since I read about it on Apartment Therapy/The Kitchn, I've always wanted a bottle of St. Germain at home.

So, I finally caved in and bought this.  At just under $40 for 750 mL, it's a GREAT deal.  It even comes with a recipe booklet(!)  Well, okay, a little black book of drinks.

This is a VERY sweet liquor (think ICE wine), floral with a faint hint of passion fruit quite possibly?

I mixed it with ginger ale.  I also mixed it in a shot glass with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (yes, the lengths I will go to for a good anti-corn syrup drink) and a dash of bitters.  (I used angostura by the way...don't ask me how this differs from other bitters, I have not a clue).  

In both cases, the drinks were too sweet, but nonetheless intoxicating!  Next time, I will go for the recommended champagne or simple carbonated water.

I HIGHLY recommend this one to include in your collection.  Sweet, smooth, sophisticated, and unique.  It will WOW your guests, or keep this one all to yourself.  Whatever YOU *wish*

XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment