Sunday, March 18, 2012

Letter to My Daughter: Sunday, March 18th, 2012

 
Dear Little A,

     It is Sunday and I sit speculating about our Good Day yesterday.  When your Daddy got home from work on Saturday, you rushed to tell him "I had a Good Day".  I was so happy.
     You were such a sweet little girl, going with her Mommy on errands.  At the Nursery, I showed you the Daphne Odora plant and you liked its sweet scent so much you began smelling all the flowers around you.  You were so polite when you said "I want to go now Mama.  I want to go to Target." in your quiet little voice after being out in the cold.  It made me feel so bad that I brought my little girl to the Nursery on a chilly day.  But it also made me feel so grateful that I have a little girl to take care of.
     We went to Target afterwords to buy you a little step stool for brushing your teeth as yours had cracked along the top.  And you had your first Nutter Butters!  We both liked them very much.  I remember you trying a bite of green apple with a nutter butter in your mouth.  You enjoyed that very much.  
     We ended our day with a stop at Home Depot.  You guessed it: to look at more plants!  We choose a few pretty succulents in terracotta pots.  I told you Daddy would be upset that we bought more beautiful plants. You told me we would HIDE them!  We picked out paint chips.  At the cash register, I found out we forgot my wallet, so we had to return to the car to retrieve it.  You were so worried someone would take out plants we left at the register, and so delighted upon our return you saw the checkout girl had saved our plants.  We talked more about hiding our goodies on the way to the car.
     Now I regret not bringing the camera along to take pictures of your Good Day.  I hope we have many good days like this ahead of us.  You are the most important thing to me and I want you to know that.  I know I am not always there, but I love you more than I love anything else in this world.  You are my star, you are my special girl.



xoxo,
Mommy

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment