Friday, March 30, 2012

Monday Night Pasta with CHEERY tomatoes!


I know this post is a little late, today being Friday and all.  Honestly, I wish I had the time to post more often.  I usually try to write quick entries during my lunch break...but I've been super busy at work and end up working through lunch.  Better than staying late!!  I know, what would the Union Steward have to say? 


Don't these tomatoes look fabulous?!  I let them cook in about a 1/4 cup olive oil with salt, pepper, and 6 roughly chopped garlic cloves.  Just long enough to heat them up.  You don't want them to cook down so they pop!


I added the tomatoes (plus mushrooms and onions which are actually hidden underneath the tomatoes in the same bowl) to my curly pasta and asparagus.  I have to cook these things separately because my poor husband did not grow up with a taste for good, healthy foods.  He detests tomatoes, onions, AND mushrooms.  All I can say is he's missing out on life by being so selective.
 

Here is the final dish, topped with some shredded parmesan and asiago cheeses!  YUMMY DELICIOUS!!

I've also tried this dish with cherry vinaigrette (I found one that wasn't sweet!).

My coworker saw me eating a jar of these and thought I was eating a bowl of candies.  hahahaha.  See, the red in the "cheer" tomatoes really adds to the appeal of this dish.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment